Apple TV solutions are more popular than ever and seniors are one of the largest growing groups to enjoy this technology.
Nowadays, viewing movies and other programs are growing at an increasing number for seniors. Apple TV is one of the best streaming devices for seniors. It has a handful of features that can bring TV experience to another level. With the appeal of Apple TV, watching favored video clips on widescreen television became more convenient and easy.
What is Apple TV?
Apple TV is a small home entertainment platform, a streaming media player, which means it lets you watch the material you love from iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, and your favorite sports organizations, such as NBA League Pass, MLB.TV and others on your widescreen television in High Definition.
Advantages of the Apple TV over the Regular TV
Below there is a list of some of its advantages.
Apple TV turns your regular TV into a Smart TV. 4K TVs are still quite expensive, so Apple TV is a great alternative for users on a budget. It provides endless content streaming from iTunes and other major streaming content providers.
Note: What is 4K Streaming? 4K resolution is typically 3,840 x 2,160 pixels and is also referred to as UHD, or Ultra-High Definition. Here’s how 4K resolution measures up to other common resolutions you’ll find out there: 4K (UHD): 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. 1080p (Full HD): 1,920 x 1,080 pixels
This is the base function for home automation. It makes life easier in your home by simplifying tasks. Siri voice capabilities enable users to control the TV by voice. Through voice commands you can request specific content including podcasts, songs, movies, or videos. Through HomeKit, users are able to communicate with smart devices in the home like Smart lights.
Access to Miscellaneous Apps
The Apple App Store has a range of apps that users can access through Apple TV. They include photo sharing, social media, shopping, workout, and weather apps.
As with most Apple products, aesthetic appeal is one of the selling points of Apple products. Apple has an elegant design with a compact remote that blends well with most indoor decor.
How Apple TV Can Benefit Seniors?
According to Applewood Our House Website, Apple TV helps seniors to enjoy entertainment on demand and below we give you some of their interesting points about it:
Gone are the days when seniors had to squint their eyes to watch events on a computer screen. It is now possible to view programs on a Wide Screen TV and in high definition.
Movies and Videos
It is possible for seniors to stream television programs and movies on Apple TV. Instead of waiting around for a scheduled program on cable TV, seniors can watch programs and movies when they want to watch them.
Watching and Sharing Photos
Seniors can now see all of their photos of family and friends much easier. Apple TV has programs called iCloud and Photo Stream that can show all of your photos, regardless of what kind of devices you produced them with.
Airplay for Your Other Devices
If you are a senior who already uses other Apple devices, such as iPad, iPhone or iPod, AirPlay allows you to stream that content wireless through Apple TV. This makes it easy for seniors to stream any media that is already stored on their devices. So, if you already rented movies through Netflix or other services, there is no need to rent them again.
What you Can do with the Apple TV?
- Rent Movies & TV Shows.
- Use Siri to Start a Show on the Apple TV.
- Watch Live TV Without Cable.
- Replace Your Cable Box.
- Play Party Games.
- See Your Photos on the TV.
- Stream HBO, Cinemax, Showtime & Others.
- Search For Shows with Siri.
What are the Apple TV’s Default Apps?
By default, your Apple TV ships with the following apps:Tunes Movies: Movies from the iTunes Store, including your previously purchased or rented content.
iTunes TV Shows: TV shows from the iTunes Store, including your previously purchased or rented content.
The App Store: The Apple TV’s store for third-party TV apps.
Photos: An app for viewing your current iCloud Photo Library, Photo Stream, and Shared Photo Streams.
Music: An app for your personal music collection and access to the entire Apple Music library, including music videos.
Search: Apple TV’s universal search bar
Computers: Any iTunes music and video libraries you’ve added to Home Sharing will show up here
Settings: The place to change your Apple TV’s settings
How To Choose The Right Model Of Apple TV For You?
At Imore Website we can check the reviews of the best Apple TV in 2020. According to the site, the best overall Apple TV is the 4K (32GB) and the best alternative for it would be the Apple TV (64GB). But if you are looking for something less expensive, the Apple TV HD can do the trick. Just keep in mind that you will need a great TV to pair with it.
How to Set up your Apple TV?
There is a very good post about how to set up your Apple TV at Apple Support Website.
All you need to do is basically to follow up these steps:
1. Plug it in and turn on your TV: Plug your Apple TV into power and connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable.
2. Choose your language, and turn on Siri: Swipe on the Touch surface of your Apple TV Remote to find your language and country or region. To choose an option, click the Touch surface. If you choose the wrong language, press the Menu button to return to the previous screen.
3. Continue setup with your iOS device or set up manually: To automatically add your Apple ID and Wi-Fi settings to your Apple TV, choose Set Up with Device. Then unlock your iOS device, hold it next to your Apple TV, and follow the onscreen steps on your iOS device and Apple TV.
If you don’t want to set up your Apple TV with your iOS device, choose Set Up Manually. Then follow the onscreen steps on your Apple TV to connect to your home Wi-Fi network and sign in with your Apple ID.
4. Sign into your TV provider: In some countries and regions, you might be able to sign in to your TV or cable provider on your Apple TV to watch TV shows and movies included in your cable or TV subscription.
5. Choose settings: Turn on One Home Screen to keep the Home screen and apps the same across every Apple TV.
6. Get apps and start streaming: When setup is complete, you’ll see the Home screen. From here, you can watch your favorite shows, movies, and discover more of what you love to watch in the Apple TV app.
Do you need The Internet for Apple TV?
Yes, you can use WiFi or ethernet network for streaming to your Apple TV, but if you want to stream Netflix or other internet content this network needs to have internet access. If you have a Netflix account on your iPhone or iPad you can Airplay to the Apple TV without the ATV being connected to the internet.
Is there a monthly fee for Apple TV?
So there are monthly costs, but the Apple box is a one time purchase. There is no direct fee related to use of AppleTV. It does contain Apps that may require a subscription directly or via access to the same content via cable.
Does Apple TV have free channels?
Some Apple TV channels offer free content, but require activation with a TV provider for full access. These channels typically offer short clips, sports scores and stats. Some offer full episodes of TV shows. Cord-cutters can enjoy some free content on these channels.
Are movies free on Apple TV? Fortunately, you can watch free TV shows and movies on Apple TV from a variety of sources.
Is HBO free on Apple TV? The HBO service is exclusive to Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch for the first 90 days, and will cost $14.99/month. It provides instant access to every episode of all HBO original programs, sports, documentaries, etc. And to kick things off, you get a free 30-day trial
Does Apple TV have Netflix? Netflix is available on Apple TV 2 and later. Netflix is a worldwide streaming service, and most devices will work wherever Netflix is available, though some older devices will only work in the country where they were purchased.
* After reading this post, we would appreciate you sharing your experience with us. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to receive more content from us. We really hope you enjoy!
You May Also Like
- Do seniors need a special TV or a smart TV?
- Best Easy-to-Use Streaming Devices for Seniors
- How Can Seniors With Impaired Vision Watch TV?
- How to Improve my TV Sound for Hearing Impaired?
- Do Seniors Need a Special TV Remote Control?
- Do Seniors Really Need Smartphones?
- Amazon Prime: Does it Really Worth it for Seniors?